PROJECT     Collection     News/Even      Contact
Project
Officina Rancilio 1926 is a cultural space, home to the heritage of the Rancilio Coffee Machines Company of Parabiago.
The museum, which is located in part of the rebuilt section of the former Rancilio industrial facility, unfolds the history of the company from its early 20th-century beginnings to the present day, with a fine display of historical coffee machines and a rich documentation archive.
The objective of the museum is to conserve, safeguard and add to the companyís heritage and archive, which currently encompass an almost complete collection of the espresso coffee machines produced by Rancilio since 1927 and thousands of documents, designs, drawings, photographs, articles and advertisements.
In 2009, after acquiring the Swiss coffee machines manufacturer Egro in 2008, the Rancilio collection was further enriched with about 20 machines, all of which mark milestones in the history of Egro.
In addition, the museum hosts a sector library, which aspires to be a reference centre not only for coffee and related products, but also for articles and attestations that cover all facets of the companyís entrepreneurial venture, from the business and financial aspects to its history and culture.
The mission of Officina Rancilio 1926 is to promote, enhance and study the industrial culture of the world of coffee and hospitality. The museum is at the service of local citizens, tourists, students, scholars, industry professionals and anyone else interested in learning about the brandís history and culture, providing an historical record and organising temporary exhibitions. Rancilio has always had strong ties to the local area and Officina Rancilio 1926 sets out to conserve and build the historical memory while acting as a cultural interface with the modern manufacturing landscape, playing an active role in the dynamics of enhancing the local industrial culture.